Thursday, November 20, 2008

T-Minus Three and Counting!


Today was my last day in the office until January 12, 2009. I haven't been this happy in months. It's been a hard year, and I am happy to step away from the office for a while. I want to keep in touch with my peeps, thus the blog. I filled the candy bowl, chased out the dust bunnies and cleaned off my desk before I left! (This is not my office photo; I didn't want to get busted taking pics in the office - security @ the job is tight!)

The next seven-ish weeks will be jam packed full of adventure. Charlie and I are hitting the road on Sunday headed for Atlanta. I'm going to introduce him to my old life. Old friends, old haunts... He'll meet his cousins for the first time, too. And on Friday it's on to Pompano Beach to play with more friends and hang out with Charlie's Dad. A long drive, but well worth it!

True to form, I'm nowhere near ready to head out. I have a long laundry list of errands, tasks, chores and actions that need to be completed before I can go. Tomorrow will be a very busy day for me. It'll all be done by Saturday afternoon, cuz we're pulling out early on Sunday morning.

We'll post pictures and updates as we can. I set it up so I can mobile-post, so I expect to take lots of pictures of a drooly, sleepy kid stuffed in the back of the Highlander, and crazy random shots of things that catch my eye on the road.

Sunday will be here before you know it! Of course, so will 2009.

Big Love!

C.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you'll get it all done! Last minute (JBIT) is really the way to go with these things :)

God Speed to you both.

xx Nikki

Anonymous said...

I am soooo jealous!!!

Auntie Barb said...

MY! MY! we are soooo excited that you and Charlie are coming. We are going to have a BIG FESTIVE THANKSGIVING FEAST. So get ready to eat-eat-eat and enjoy. We have a lot of folks coming for dinner including Grandmother and Aunt Peg.

So travel safe and have a fun trip!

Auntie Barb