Friday, November 28, 2008

Deliver Me

We're here.

Charlie will not stop talking. His current theme is the dietary habits of common animals. I ache all over, but mostly my brain. I'm road ravaged and the boy is bright eyed n bushy tailed.

The fridge is empty save the above items. The truck is unpacked, nothing is put away and I desperately need a reprieve!

We had to stop for wine. A very kind but homeless man engaged me in conversation and gave me a hard luck story about someone stealing his pants. As a former friend noted, I'm soft as cotton on the inside; I gave him $5. He thanked me and then kept talking. That talking thing must be catching. My response? "God bless you, brother.". Charlie immediately asked, "Is that your brother?"

Talky, rested, energetic boy aside, I'm feeling better simply because it is currently 72 degrees. At 9:00 at night it is seventy-two degrees!

I am happy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chickety china!! This one made me holla. I love that boy!! "Is that your brother?" is an instant classic!! Auntie Wan