Friday, November 28, 2008

Ocala Sunshine!

We're about halfway to Pompano. I tried to make it to the turnpike before we stopped, but the gas tank didn't cooperate. Gas light came on and I stopped right away. It's mildly funny to run out of gas on 285 with a nervous-for-gas-cuz-the-light-came-on guy friend. (Ha!) But it ain't funny at all if you're alone with a toddler in the middle of Florida. So the light popped on and we took the first exit. We're 25 miles from the turnpike and 4 or so hours from the condo.

The sun is shining and it is 81 degrees. Yes. Eighty. One. I can't wait to get there so I can put my feet in the warm sand and baptize myself in the Atlantic. I plan to wash away all that Grand Rapids drama and start 2009 with a renewed spirit and a new set of short term goals.

Anyhooooo, back on the road. I just put Madagascar in for my Charlie and we've got to move it move it.

Big Love!

C.

P.S. Do I look as tired to you as I do to me? Or is it the sick that's making me look that way? I'm due for another dose of that crack (aka DayQuil). I'll be right in no time! Peace out.


3 comments:

Blandishment Blog said...

It's really something that your traveling while not feeling well. 81 degrees sounds good. I went out today and got gas for the snowblower because it is only a matter of time before it will need to be used.

ENJOY the beach, the sand, the sun, the water, and enjoy yourselves!

Cristina -n- Charlie said...

Hey Chris! I'm on the tipping point. I'll either be fine or much worse tomorrow. Keep warm. I don't miss GR yet, but I'm sure I'll be ready to come home when it's time. Oooh you said SNOW! *shudder*

Blandishment Blog said...

While the snowfall today was gorgeous on the trees and such I am sure the novelty will wear off soon - I'm heading out to shovel it now!