Mind you, I usually cut his hair. Once or twice a friend in Grand Rapids did it, but that was more trouble than it was worth. His father cuts it if we're in Florida. It's good to know that Charlie acts with Manny the same way he acts with me. We have video of one of the Manny haircuts - it makes me laugh to tears even a year later! Manny was so patient with him, and Charlie cut completely up!
The hotel manager directed us to a barber shop and Darnell the barber hooked Charlie UP! He only cried for about 15 seconds, and then Darnell was funny and distracted him with a comb and a brush. Charlie was asking questions, looking in the mirror and telling Darnell to "go slowly so it doesn't hurt." Too funny!
After his haircut, we were going to meet a friend for lunch, but she got bogged down at work and couldn't get away. (Booo work!) While we were waiting, Charlie got all caught up in the huge Christmas tree in front of Cumberland mall. He wanted to touch it to see if it was cold (weird, I know) and our compromise was that he could stand on the ledge in front of it so I could take his picture. I think he looks like Vin Diesel in his shades. Is he the sexiest 3 year old kid ever, or what? LOL
Lunch was fun. He ate a bowl of mac n cheese, and I had my favorite avocado eggrolls. I only ate half, so I guess that's 1,500 calories instead of the full 3,000. (laugh) There was a mirror behind our seat, and Charlie caught his reflection. He said "Mama, I really like my haircut! It didn't hurt at all!" Very cool, lil dude. Very very cool.
After naps we made it to Greenbriar Mall to see Black Santa. I feel terrible now for mindlessly referring to the man as 'Black Santa,' as Charlie has picked up the vernacular. As in "Black Santa said he's going to bring me Spiderman toys" and "Black Santa gave me a funny book!" I had to tell him that we'll call him "Santa" from now on, and he seems agreeable to that new rule. How bout this for a new rule: Mommy needs to edit her speech a little closer for potentially offensive and insensitive phrases. Charlie was SO CUTE meeting Santa Claus. He is typically not too keen on people dressed up in costumes. I mean, they usually freak him out! Kimiko, Tera and others have seen him shriek and panic when in the presence of Spongebob, Spiderman and Tony the Tiger. I'm no help at all, as I laugh or try to capture it on video. ROTFL But he got a bit conscious of himself when he met Santa, and was almost reverent! Too sweet. The innocence of childhood brought a tear to my eye.
We had a picture taken, and after the 3rd shot, we settled on a smile. I bought one single print. Santa's helper wanted to put a fancy border on the picture, and I requested that she not do so. I plan to make a Christmas card out of it, and didn't want it all polluted with snowflakes and candy canes. It's a cute picture - I left it in the car or I'd post it.
Now that we're home, we're both coughing, achy and feeling yucked out, so we each took medicine and are getting into bed. We've got the heat cranking and I'm getting dozy from the TheraFlu, so I'm hitting the sheets for the night.
Thanks for checking in on us, y'all! We're having a great Thanksgiving! Dinner at Aunt Barb's tomorrow, but we do have a couple of other stops to make, and on Friday we're heading to Florida to hang out with Charlie's dad! At least he doesn't have to give Charlie a haircut (this week).
Big Love!
C.


1 comment:
i ain't mad at the Black Santa. Shiiid...we be sayin Black President....rofl....Cris just now having a chance to read your blog now...this is so cool....can i come?...lol
Whab
Post a Comment